GF, DF, Vegan
Delicious, filling and packed with some healthy stuff!
I love recipes that are simple and easy to whip up. Perfect as lunch or dinner and tastes even better next day!
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 15 - 20min
3 Tomatoes - chopped
1 Onion - chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic - diced
2 cans of black beans - Rinsed and Drained thoroughly
1/2 cup Mangoes - Chopped (I used frozen)
2 small green chillis
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1 sprig of cilantro to garnish
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Saute' onions in the oil till they start to caramalize. Add diced garlic and saute' for 1 min
- Throw in the chopped tomatoes, green chillies, sprinkle in all the dry spices and give it a mix
- Let the veggies cook for 5 min, then throw in the black beans and mix it well for another 5 min - add in a litte water if the curry is starting to dry up
- Finally fold in the diced mangoes and let the curry cook for an additional 2 - 5 min
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy with rice or quinoa!